Help make recovery a reality for people affected by eating disorders. Join us to work at Australia’s only specialist residential eating disorder recovery centre. In our model of care, every role will make a difference.
Be Part of the Solution!
- Wandi Nerida, based in Mooloolah Valley Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
- A new innovative health service that will lead the way in eating disorder recovery.
- Surrounded by passionate and supportive colleagues.
- Great salary packaging options under a not-for-profit arrangement
Are You Ready to Help Make a Change?
At Wandi Nerida, our purpose is to provide a supportive therapeutic space to change the experience of those affected by eating disorders. We are situated on a beautiful, serene 25-acre block in the Mooloolah Valley on the Sunshine Coast and will make a significant contribution to improving treatment options for Australians with eating disorders.
Every position at Wandi Nerida contributes to the fabric that holds the participants at the centre of our care and we look forward to building a likeminded team committed to the overall wellbeing of our participants.
About the Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate casual Chef to use their exceptional culinary skills in a role in where you can really make a difference in the lives of people affected by eating disorders, whist still maintaining an excellent work/life balance – AND NO SPLIT SHIFTS! You will prepare a range of nutritionally balanced and appropriate meals and snacks for our participants at Wandi Nerida.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Coordinating the day-to-day functioning of the kitchen.
- With assistance from the Food Services Assistant, prepare all meals as scheduled in the food plan.
- Managing stocks and inventories of food supplies including liaising with suppliers for food orders.
- Ensuring statutory hygiene and food storage and safety standards are met at all times during food preparation and storage (Food Safety Act/OH&S Act) and requirements specified in Health Regulations.
- Provide training and support to the Food Services Assistants.
- Foster a positive environment, which provides consistent, efficient, and friendly service for participants, colleagues and visitors.
- Oversee and support direct reports to ensure smooth day to day operations and an ongoing continuous improvement culture.
- Step into higher duties during periods of leave.
We recognise the value of staff with lived experience to instil hope post eating disorder recovery. Therefore, we encourage applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders (at least 2 years recovered), and family member/carers of people with eating disorders.
All applicants should supply their resume and must address the Selection Criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter.
Applications and any enquiries should be submitted by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Title: Casual Chef, Wandi Nerida.
Closing Date: 16 February 2024, please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy may close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.