About Wandi Nerida
Wandi Nerida is the trading name for Butterfly Residential Care Pty Ltd & is limited by shares. It is a not-for-profit company 100 percent owned by the Butterfly Foundation, Australia’s leading national charity for eating disorders & body image issues.
Wandi Nerida is situated on a beautiful, serene, 25-acre block in the Mooloolah Valley on the Sunshine Coast & makes a significant contribution to improving treatment options for Australians with eating disorders. It is a licensed private mental health facility that provides a unique service within the eating disorder care continuum & accepts referrals from all states & territories in Australia. Within the ecosystem of eating disorder services, Wandi Nerida will fill the gap between hospital admission & outpatient care to provide an opportunity for a more intensive psychological recovery & more seamless integration of services.
This purpose-built, multidisciplinary staffed facility provides a healing space where people living with eating disorders can work, over time, towards healthy minds & bodies. The B-FREEDT model is recovery orientated integrating lived experience as a key feature of our staffing model. In addition, to Wandi Nerida providing a safe, innovative environment for those most in need of psychological & physical care, it is an important pilot project for future Australian models & facilities. The care we deliver allows us to gather the evidence we need to make the case for the provision of high-level residential care & support across multiple sites around Australia.
Help make recovery a reality.
Improve the quality of life for those affected by an eating disorder.
Wandi Nerida values are at the core of everything we do & support our model of care. All participants, staff and families are expected to support our values being translate into practice.
Integrity – We are honest, open, ethical and fair. We Innovate in everything we do we challenge our ideas of what is possible.
Connect with Compassion – We show up as real, vulnerable transparent human beings who speak from the heart, value other’s contributions, & invest in each’s others growth.
Accountable – We welcome honest conversations that challenge when necessary & do not make assumptions-we ask & answer questions & rely on each other to make solutions.
Respect – The trust & respect we have for each other infuses passion into everything we do.
Encourage with Equality – We believe that greatness comes from unlocking each other’s potential & valuing our differences.
Being on the Wandi Nerida Board requires a minimum time commitment of 2-4 hours per month:
- Preparing for & attending, in person or virtually, a 2-hour board meeting each month.
- Preparing for & attending, in person or virtually, one 2-hour subcommittee meeting each quarter.
- Preparing for & attending, in person, a one-day retreat once every year.
- Engaging in urgent operational matters that crop up occasionally.
We are looking for a board director who bring a range of expertise in several the following skill areas:
- Strategic expertise – the ability to review the organisation’s strategy through constructive questioning & suggestion & contribute to the effective decision making of the board.
- Finance & accounting skills – the ability to read & comprehend accounts & financial material presented to the board, financial reporting requirements & some understanding of corporate finance.
- Legal & risk management skills – the board’s responsibility involves overseeing compliance with numerous laws as well as understanding the individual director’s legal duties & responsibilities. We are also looking for experience in managing areas of major risk.
- Governance experience – experience serving on other boards, or in running an organisation with a strong relationship with its board. AICD director’s qualification would be desirable.
Compliance & Risk Management – experience in identifying & managing strategic risk & compliance.
- Industry knowledge – experience in similar organisations (private and/or public hospital service provision) would be useful.
- Being an NFP Board there is an expectation that Board members will be involved in some operational activities.
Desirable specialist skills and experience:
The Board is currently looking for a new Director with one or more of the specific skills identified below;
- Legal – formal qualification / professional experience in the legal field.
Financial/Accounting – formal qualification / professional experience in the finance & accounting field.
- Lived Experience – a lived experience of an eating disorder.
Marketing – consumer/healthcare marketing.
- Fundraising/Philanthropic, and/or Foundation Management – experience in NFP and foundation operations including development of principles & practices, annual giving, corporate & foundation relations, personal solicitation of major gifts, capital campaign planning.
- Strong board level experience as an executive or non-executive director.
For enquiries or to apply, please supply your resume & a cover letter expressing your interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject Title: Board Director, Wandi Nerida. EOI closes 19th April 2022.