Help make recovery a reality for people affected by eating disorders. Join us to work at Australia’s only specialist residential eating disorder recovery centre. In our model of care, every role will make a difference.
Be Part of the Solution!
- Wandi Nerida, based in Mooloolah Valley Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
- A new innovative health service that will lead the way in eating disorder recovery.
- Surrounded by passionate and supportive colleagues.
- Great salary packaging options under a not-for-profit arrangement
Are You Ready to Help Make a Change?
At Wandi Nerida, our purpose is to provide a supportive therapeutic space to change the experience of those affected by eating disorders. We are situated on a beautiful, serene 25-acre block in the Mooloolah Valley on the Sunshine Coast and will make a significant contribution to improving treatment options for Australians with eating disorders.
Every position at Wandi Nerida contributes to the fabric that holds the participants at the centre of our care and we look forward to building a likeminded team committed to the overall wellbeing of our participants.
About the Role
We are seeking an animal lover who is enthusiastic and passionate about providing Equine Support.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Assist with Equine-Assisted Therapy sessions as per the program
- Assist in maintaining aspects of animal husbandry and care including feeding, grooming, rugging, washing, administering fly spray etc.
- Assist in conducting routine wellness and behavioural assessments.
- Assisting to administer an exercise and training program for each equine.
- Assisting with the following when the Equine Program Manager is on leave:
- Maintain the equine facility including cleaning and filling water buckets, monitoring pastures, paddocks, and both the feed and tack rooms.
- Conduct wellness checks of equine.
- Administering basic first aid care as needed to equines.
- Act as the lead equine facilitator when the EPM is away as required.
We recognise the value of staff with lived experience to instil hope post eating disorder recovery. Therefore, we encourage applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders (at least 2 years recovered), and family member/carers of people with eating disorders.
All applicants should supply their resume and must address the Selection Criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter.
Applications and any enquiries should be submitted by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Title: Equine Support role, Wandi Nerida.
Closing Date: 25 November 2022, please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy may close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.