Psychologist / Eating Disorder Therapist
Help make recovery a reality for people affected by eating disorders. Join us to work at Australia’s only specialist residential eating disorder recovery centre. In our model of care, every role will make a difference.
Be Part of the Solution!
- Wandi Nerida, based in Mooloolah Valley Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
- A new innovative health service that will lead the way in eating disorder recovery.
- Surrounded by passionate and supportive colleagues.
- Great salary packaging options under a not-for-profit arrangement
Are You Ready to Help Make a Change?
At Wandi Nerida, our purpose is to provide a supportive therapeutic space to change the experience of those affected by eating disorders. We are situated on a beautiful, serene 25-acre block in the Mooloolah Valley on the Sunshine Coast and will make a significant contribution to improving treatment options for Australians with eating disorders.
Every position at Wandi Nerida contributes to the fabric that holds the participants at the centre of our care and we look forward to building a likeminded team committed to the overall wellbeing of our participants.
About the Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Psychologist/Eating Disorder Therapist to join us and contribute to the delivery of high-quality care. This role will be integral to the service we provide at Wandi Nerida, supporting our participants to identify what is helpful and meaningful to them, through a therapeutic partnership of equality and respect.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Utilising advanced clinical knowledge and experience to provide psychological therapy and groups for participants.
- Work flexibly to deliver the clinical therapy and program including some evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
- Applicants must have tertiary qualifications in Psychology OR other health professions i.e., Social Work/OT/Counselling, as well as evidence of training and/or qualifications in the provision of psychological therapies.
- Full Registration as a health professional with AHPRA or relevant regulating body
We recognise the value of staff with lived experience to instil hope post eating disorder recovery. Therefore, we encourage applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders (at least 2 years recovered), and family member/carers of people with eating disorders.
All applicants should supply their resume and must address the Selection Criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter.
Applications and any enquiries should be submitted by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Title: Psychologist/Eating Disorder Therapist, Wandi Nerida.
Closing Date: 23 April 2022, please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy may close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.