Help make recovery a reality for people affected by eating disorders. Join us to work at Australia’s only specialist residential eating disorder recovery centre. In our model of care, every role will make a difference.
Be Part of the Solution!
- Wandi Nerida, based in Mooloolah Valley Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
- A new innovative health service that will lead the way in eating disorder recovery.
- Surrounded by passionate and supportive colleagues.
- Great salary packaging options under a not-for-profit arrangement
Are You Ready to Help Make a Change?
At Wandi Nerida, our purpose is to provide a supportive therapeutic space to change the experience of those affected by eating disorders. We are situated on a beautiful, serene 25-acre block in the Mooloolah Valley on the Sunshine Coast and will make a significant contribution to improving treatment options for Australians with eating disorders.
Every position at Wandi Nerida contributes to the fabric that holds the participants at the centre of our care and we look forward to building a likeminded team committed to the overall wellbeing of our participants.
About the Role
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Work collaboratively with the Wandi Nerida Team to help establish trust and rapport with participants in the recovery treatment program.
- To demonstrate an understanding of clinical interventions relevant to the care group including; education, care planning and discharge planning, as well as working closely with carers, families and partner agencies to facilitate this.
- To work at all times to promote the safety and the well-being of participants and their families/carers.
- To be part of the multidisciplinary team providing a specialist Eating Disorder treatment and recovery program.
- Assist in the co-facilitation of group programs, including delivery of education and awareness activities.
We recognise the value of staff with lived experience to instil hope post eating disorder recovery. Therefore, we encourage applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders (at least 2 years recovered), and family member/carers of people with eating disorders.
All applicants should supply their resume and must address the Selection Criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter.
Applications and any enquiries should be submitted by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Title: Recovery Navigator, Wandi Nerida.
Closing Date: 19 August 2022, please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy may close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.