Team Leader – Allied Health
Help make recovery a reality for people affected by eating disorders. Join us to work at Australia’s only specialist residential eating disorder recovery centre. In our model of care, every role will make a difference.
Be Part of the Solution!
- Wandi Nerida, based in Mooloolah Valley Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
- A new innovative health service that will lead the way in eating disorder recovery.
- Surrounded by passionate and supportive colleagues.
- Great salary packaging options under a not-for-profit arrangement
Are You Ready to Help Make a Change?
At Wandi Nerida, our purpose is to provide a supportive therapeutic space to change the experience of those affected by eating disorders. We are situated on a beautiful, serene 25-acre block in the Mooloolah Valley on the Sunshine Coast and will make a significant contribution to improving treatment options for Australians with eating disorders.
Every position at Wandi Nerida contributes to the fabric that holds the participants at the centre of our care and we look forward to building a likeminded team committed to the overall wellbeing of our participants.
About the Role
We are seeking a talented Allied Health Team Leader to use their clinical knowledge and management experience when providing clinical leadership at Wandi Nerida. The position involves line management of all Allied Health staff, Dietitians, and clinical program contractors. The TL will assist the Clinical Director and executive team in service operations, and development and review of the B-FREEDT Model of Care.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Managing staffing to support the day-to-day affairs of the program as well as being a point person for clinical crises.
- Implementing successful rostering and clinical operations.
- Thorough advanced clinical knowledge and a high degree of independent clinical decision making, provide and oversee assessment, treatment, and co-ordination of care to participants engaged with our services.
- Provide clinical leadership and supervision to inform and guide the delivery of high-quality eating disorder treatment services.
- Create, foster, and promote a high-performing culture.
- Demonstrated experience as a qualified senior mental health clinician (e.g., Psychologist, Occupational Therapist, Psychotherapist, Social Worker) with relevant Australian statutory health registration.
- Outstanding ability to coordinate, prioritise and multi-task across a variety of administrative functions.
- Experience in the treatment of and service delivery to participants with complex mental health problems, including at least 2 years’ experience of service delivery to participants with eating disorders
We recognise the value of staff with lived experience to instil hope post eating disorder recovery. Therefore, we encourage applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders (at least 2 years recovered), and family member/carers of people with eating disorders.
All applicants should supply their resume and must address the Selection Criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter.
Applications and any enquiries should be submitted by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Title: Team Leader Allied Health, Wandi Nerida.
Closing Date: 24 April 2022, please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy may close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.