Senior Therapist / Psychologist
Help make recovery a reality for people affected by eating disorders. Join us to work at Australia’s only specialist residential eating disorder recovery centre. In our model of care, every role will make a difference.
Be Part of the Solution!
- Wandi Nerida, based in Mooloolah Valley Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
- A new innovative health service that will lead the way in eating disorder recovery.
- Surrounded by passionate and supportive colleagues.
- Great salary packaging options under a not-for-profit arrangement
Are You Ready to Help Make a Change?
At Wandi Nerida, our purpose is to provide a supportive therapeutic space to change the experience of those affected by eating disorders. We are situated on a beautiful, serene 25-acre block in the Mooloolah Valley on the Sunshine Coast and will make a significant contribution to improving treatment options for Australians with eating disorders.
Every position at Wandi Nerida contributes to the fabric that holds the participants at the centre of our care and we look forward to building a likeminded team committed to the overall wellbeing of our participants.
About the Role
We are seeking a motivated Senior Therapist/Psychologist, who will use their clinical knowledge and experience to act as a senior therapist and provide leadership within the therapy team. They will develop individualised psychological treatment plans for the participants of Wandi Nerida and lead on delivering evidence-based individual, group, and family treatment as required and as outlined in the B-FREEDT Model of Care. The Senior Therapist/Psychologist will take on additional responsibilities of supervision of other staff groups or therapists and being a clinical lead in the program. As a 24/7 recovery centre, the Senior Therapist/Psychologist will be rostered to offer support and treatment during evenings and weekends. There will also be a requirement to have some meals with participants.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Provide and oversee assessment, treatment, and co-ordination of care to participants engaged with our services.
- Provide clinical leadership within the service and act as a senior clinician within the organisational structure.
- Provide clinical supervision to other staffing groups and junior therapists
- Direct provision of individual, group and family therapy and meal support to participants and their carers.
- Participate in multidisciplinary meetings, supervision and case conferences that contribute to high quality outcomes for all participants and ensure clinical review meetings occur regularly.
- Provide direct clinical services to people with eating disorders and families.
We recognise the value of staff with lived experience to instil hope post eating disorder recovery. Therefore, we encourage applications from people with lived experience of eating disorders (at least 2 years recovered), and family member/carers of people with eating disorders.
All applicants should supply their resume and must address the Selection Criteria as detailed in the Position Description in a separate cover letter.
Applications and any enquiries should be submitted by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Title: Snr Therapist/Psychologist, Wandi Nerida.
Closing Date: 03 June 2022, please note that if we receive a high level of applications, the vacancy may close earlier than stated. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.